From Bolton Local’s website:
A grassroots group of people from Bolton, Massachusetts, whose mission is to build a strong, self-reliant community made up of people committed to living sustainably on the planet, in a way that inspires, builds friendships, and offers a hopeful vision for the future.
Would you like to meet with neighbors and discuss ideas about how we can make Bolton a more sustainable place to live and build a vibrant community in the face of challenges from a faltering economy, climate change, and fossil fuel depletion? How can we find more local solutions for food supply, energy, and transportation that will benefit all of us in an uncertain economy? Today’s challenges bring with them opportunities to build community through shared experiences in areas such as:
- Learning to make our homes more energy-efficient
- Learning about alternative energy solutions
- Learning skills related to gardening and raising animals
- Learning to prepare and preserve locally grown food
- Learning fiber arts -spinning, knitting and crocheting, felting, etc.
- Supporting local farmers, orchards and businesses
- Being better prepared for an emergency
- Creating transportation solutions to help minimize our impact on the environment